Raspberry, coconut and chocolate have always been a match made in heaven. This recipe can be made with or without the protein (just substitute for more 50g more almonds). The added protein helps aid muscle recovery and makes it perfect for a post workout snack with natural sugars to replenish energy.
125g medjool dates
2 scoops My Protein vanilla and raspberry vegan Whole Fuel protein powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup water
Desiccated coconut to decorate
- Put almonds in a food processor until broken into very small pieces.
- Add the dates, protein powder, chia seeds, cacao powder and coconut oil and mix in the food processor again until well combined.
- Add water until the consistency is sticky and will hold together.
- Roll in to balls.
- Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut until covered.
- Pop in the fridge and you have a healthy snack whenever you want!
This recipe was created by Rebecca Clawson. Rebecca is currently studying Nutrition and is a lover of all things healthy. Give these babies a try and let us know what you think! Check out her account on @grindandblossom